I look around
Eyes stare aimlessly
Minds go wild pondering
while sudden eye contracts are avoided
Its a routine all too familiar
So familiar, Strangers become regular faces
that you see everyday
Coming from all walks of life
These is a deep silence that fills the air
As everyone tries carefully to mind their own business
Either submerged into their own world
or that of their interest
Anything seems more important than the person next to you
Unless of course, you're that attractive Female,
The boy without enough nerves to say Hi,
secretly keeps taking a glimpse of
Its not the most glamorous way to get where you are going
But for the Middle and Lower class, Its the most affordable
You can almost see the burden on a single mother's face
or
The struggles of a young black boy fretting impatiently
or
The plights(straits) of a hard working Laborer, who once had dreams like the rest of us
For some its a foreign land,
where distance separate them from whom they can better relate to
So solitary confinement becomes their best friend
Sometimes I look around and wonder
What the future holds for Me
On My Road To Better Days
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





18 comments:
firsttttttttttt!
came to pop da blog... imma come back. been sooo busy!
interesting...what's up with u and poems these days eh?
nice post
Hmmmmm..could this be my first time here?
I guess so but it looks to be a quiet and convinient place to always hallla...
Hope to be dropping by..
Cheers!!!!!!!!!
i c ur lovin poetry dis days. gud job.
Huh? DOG, na you be dis abi you dey dub Sparkle lyrics? Abeg go back to ya instrument/30+ yarning jare...na dat one fit you pass jo...LOL!!!
Don't go all gaga and poetic on us now dude...we want the old morasucking ni**er/$%^&*£$%%^^ loving DOG back! Yipee yay yipee yay!!! LOL!!!
lol@CGP! Babes you don spoil finish! I get to use omo wash dat ya mind o!
G how are you doing man?
You are not the only one on this road o!I am too and i pray we get to the destination(Better days) real soon too.
lol@ CGP...kai na which Sparkle be dat? cos me I be good girl o..*smiley face*
wat it do dude? keep balling!!
@ Pricesa: Me spoil ke? You nko wey tell Kokolette say her Shower is like sex post been turn you on eh? Uh oh who spoil pass now? Abeg i no dey oo! LOL. *sticking tongue out atcha* Ntoi...
@ Sparkle: I no even wan talk about the corruption wey you don plant for my mind. I don tell Ubong da since make im include you under im 18+ blog roll, as the mojo for ya blog don outshine im own big time...LOL
@CGP
First off I just gotta agree with CGP about P's connect on KokO's blog...lol..I saw that too..
@Manda
I see ur first and 2nd, but you didn't read the post so no gifts..lol..and plus I can't think of one..
@Sparkle
Damn is it that obvious? lol
but I don't know, maybe cos it allows me to write about more things that concern me..its like a
my observations rather than my action (stories)
Nice!
was it really? lol
@Eddie
Welcome dude, been seeing you around, I'll holla soon
thanks for coming thru
@Confused Child
how do you know I'd been writing poems of late? I have never seen you here before! lol well nice to have ya...and thanks
@CGP
lol
what is it with you and 30+/my instrument yarnings? can a brotha some another side of his ass sometimes? lol
but don't worry if thats what you want, I'll cook one up for you soon
@Princesa
See Princesa took time to read the post and leave a relative comment
why can't some of yawl do that? lol
Thanks for feeling me P, for me...I constantly remind myself to keep my head up...we'll get there
@Sparkle
sometimes u a good girl but there's
another side aslo and its naugggghtyyyy..lol
juices flowing and the whole 9 yards..lol
@Ugo D
will do..am a come holla
hahahahaha ok u guys are hilarious...y'all keep giving me some crazy ideas...lol
And the poetry convention is when?
..tis the road we all shall travel
-takia
Hmmmmmm got me thinking for a min.... well I wonder what the future holds for me too. Good tidings i pray.
LOL. Yes DOG, i'd prefer that cos that's the real you. Abeg leave the poems to Sparkle jare.
About the 30+ story, someone left a comment under your instrument post concerning it. Erm *cough* was that true? LOL. You're even naughtier than Sparkle and Ubong da combined. You lot are even beginning to corrupt former goody two shoes CG and Princesa, as they now leave saucy comments about. LOL. BTW DOG, have you seen my reply to you on Kokolette's blog? LMAO!!!
I completely agree with the line: "Anything seems more important than the person next to you" When I am on the bus or the train I try to carry something to read just so I don't have to make eye contact with anyone else. Is that wrong? I enjoy the "anonymous togetherness" that I share with fellow commuters. Making eye contact and exchanging words seems like a violation of the anonymity for me.
I loved every bit of this
it has a rhythm to it
it's like music to my ears
"Sometimes I look around and wonder
What the future holds for Me
On My Road To Better Days"
that was the sweetest part for me
We all can definitely relate to this.
We shall overcome.
Regardless of all the hinderances , trials and all, we will survive
@sparkles
can't wait to read em ideas of yours
@LaReine
hehehe, lol...I don't even know what to say..thanks fo feelin me
I'll holla
@Lular...so you saying I can become a poet as a back up plan? lol..you can't imagine how much I wonder what the future holds for me
I'll holla
@CGP
I'll holla at you soon
try hittin me up..my PC is all messed up
but 30+ was pior to baby girl and no i didn't cheat on her...but i did tell candid that the story was before "baby girl" NOT that I cheated...
I'll go check that out soon
@VEH
WOW you know your the one that completely understood what I was talking about completely? I don't know if thats wrong cos sometimes everybody have those days where they don't want to be bothered but me I love seeing those hot babes tho..lol
I'll holla PC wahala...
@Lovita
thanks girl
this is something thats all too familiar to me so very real
I'll holla
Post a Comment