Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hot Flicks

I watched some great movies this weekend. I got eight all together(Bootleg)

3:10 To Yuma:
with Russell Crowe as the antongonist/Bad Ass Outlaw Ben wade. Ben Wade who was arrested after ambushing an armored stagecoach and was to be taken on the 3:10 train to the prison Yuma in Azonia to be hanged. Ben Wade is a Pristol toting, trigger happy, fast talking wise guy.

Also starring Christian Bale as the modest family rancher Dan Evans. A civil war veteran who in his deading moments told his son to be proud of the fact that his daddy was the one brave enough to escost bad ass Ben Wade to Yuma when no one else would dare.

I loved the screen when Dan's son rescued his father and the guards who were held at gun point by Ben Wade on the long ride to Yuma. The little guy, at 15 or so came from behind with a gun pointed to Wade's head. Wade being the bad guy he was laughed cos he knew Dan's son wouldn't dare shoot him. The little guy burst a shot from him pistol, defying Wade's thought as the unarmed Dan told Wade to drop his gun as he moved in to apprehend Ben Wade who would have otherwise escaped

Also starring the sociopathic Charlie Prince As Ben Foster, loved the way this guy acted in this movie, even though he was a ruthless killer

Now To my last Review and Flavorite Movie of the pack: No Country For Old Men

It begins with a story of a drug deal gone very wrong and the drama as Josh Brolin playing Lle-wel-yn Moss, comes across a open field of corpses and one dying Mexican. He also finds two million dollars in a suitcase next to the massacre in the desert landscape of West Texas. He was also a veteran serving in Vietnam

Moss, Initially unaware of the transponder's(a tracking device) existence inside of the suitcase with the money, sends his wife out of town and moves from motel to motel as he attempts to elude both the Mexicans and a Hitman called Chigurh Y'all would hope never to see but don't worry I got pictures for y'all. Y'all welcome.
The antagonist Anton Chigurh to be exact was played by actor Javier Bardem with a unique weapon, a captive bolt pistol. In his first role on the screen He escapes custody by strangling a sheriff deputy with his handcuffs unsuspectingly
from behind.
Chigurh, a professional hitman, has been hired to retrieve the satchel of money which contains the hidden radio transponder to which he has the corresponding receiver. Chigurh nonchalantly kills maybe over 20 peoples in his pursuit to retrieve the money, some for no good reason at all. I really admire the way this guy would have his victims wonder if he was gonna kill em or not. I know its sick but I didnt make the movie mannnn

I laughed my ass off at a scene where he abruptly opened an office door, killing a boss who send someone out to get him while there stood an innocent male accountant in horror. With Chigurh's back facing the innocent accountant. The accountant nervously asked: "are you going to kill me?" Chigurh slowly turned to the accountant and said: Did you see my face? lol. The movie makers didn't even have to show the poor accountant getting killed. lol. Its a movie Y'all

Tommy Lee Jones Played Ed Tom Bell the local sheriff who tells of the changing times as the region becomes increasingly more violent. He focuses his attention on trying to locate and protect Moss. Moss who was about to be my hero after crossing the border to Mexico and almost escaping the Hit man Chigurh, didn't make it and I fear it was because his wife told the sheriff Moss wouldn't ask for help but she believed he needed it. She revealed where he was heading, also the same place she was told to go by Moss because the hit man was coming for her. The sheriff arrived to hear gun shots and Moss's wife later arrived to see an entourage of polices cruisers with flashing lights. Moss had such a run long. His death nearly crushed my world.

Have Y'all seen
In the name of the King?
The bucket List?
Saw 4?
Beowulf?
Rush Hour 3?
Spider-man 3?
I am Legend?
Shoot Em Up?

6 comments:

little miss me said...

im first?
wow
:D
seen all except 3:10 to yuma,shoot em up and beowulf..really good movies..but for some reason i was unimpressed with I am legend..

Jayn Sean said...

I've seen Rush Hour 3 and Spider Man 3. Tommy Lee Jones..is he still married to Pamela? No, not Pamela the blogger, Pamela Anderson wa Baywatch fame?

What? Surprised? Yeah i do watch American movies sometimes. But..of course..most of the times..naija movies. Recently i've started watching Bollywood movies too. I love how the mix their movies with performance acts. Their muzic is good.

guerreiranigeriana said...

uh...i guess i should leave my hole sometimes...never heard of half these films and haven't seen any...doesn't seem like any love/girl flicks...so no girls to accompany you this weekend?...what happened?...i want real gist o...not this nonsense film review for films which don't exist o!!...

Joy Akut said...

shoot em' up sucks, was at the cinema with my friend we got so irritated with the movie, we talked all through and left half way(twas a guy..a macho man,lol' so we cant say its cos we were girls not liking the shooting', felt it had no real substance, story line wacked and not even a scratch on the guy... and well, they got the name right...shoot em up'

rush hour 3, had my laughs, but besides that i think they should stop there, i would hate it if i didnt love jackie chan so(been with him right from his chinese movie days...jeez, i forget their names)and chris rock

i am legend?...okay, i'm not going to be a bad arsed bitchy critic.
spider man rocked a little...
swore off horror movies so havent seen saw 3(the other parts were my childhood nightmares)
the rest i havent seen.

diary of a G said...

@guerreiranigeriana lol
Which hole do you live in eh? lol
u were almost right about no girls to accompanying me but not quite...
the real gist came late in the weekend after I posted this...maybe I'v write it sometime during the week ok?

@Jaybabe
damnnnnnnnnn look at those hot legs
Rush hour 3 n spider-man 3 are very good movies...loved em

lol pamela was married to Tommy Lee
but not the one I speak of in the post and ye not the blogger pamela
lol

I did the naija movie thing for a while but now my aunt is hooked on em...man I used to have to switch dvds too much like those ones with 4 diff parts lol

@LLM
yea ur first...U get all those movies you haven't seen as ur prize

yea I still haven't finished watching I am Legend cos It wasn't what I expected

diary of a G said...

@FQ
shoot em up was all gun play allll
the whole entire movie.lol. yea the guy got shot mayb once nonsense

Love jackie chan n chris rock they can do a 100 mo for al I care..am feeling the combination

Loved spider-man...I was cracking my ass up when he started waering the black suit n it changed his attitude...the part where he was strutting down the street, with all the ladies checking him out

Loved the scenes gliding above n thru those tall towers n the action is nothing but amazing

I felt like Spider-man when he told
his Aunt may he wasn't ready to put mary Jane before himself...I said I feel u spidey I feel ya.lol

Saw 3 r 4 it just gruesome...that movie take it too far mannn lol

I'll holla